Saturday, June 18, 2011

Castles in the air

Few of my “Castles” ………

Air force pilot: I didn’t even know whether girls are allowed in this profession or not. As a matter of fact even today I am not sure. But just look at the those pilots’ attitude ! Man ! I even used to dream about marrying an Air force pilot and going on our super secret missions together !

IPS officer : Got inspired after watching a TV serial Udaan on DD national .I don’t even remember which class I was in.

Singer : haahaa !I The thought itself is so absurd. My little sister (she hates being called little,but since this is my blog I can write whatever I want.) is quite sure that if I sit somewhere near a temple and start singing I would earn more than what my company will offer. Apparently those people at temple would be ready to offer any amount just to shoo me away .Actually she isn't the only one to think so.Hundreds of people would verify it.The silver lining is that I always have a back up. (Heights of optimism!! isn't it?!!)

Captain of a ship : Just because I had heard that they are filthy rich and also because of their cool white uniform,and not to forget their cap. When I mention white uniform all that I can visualize is Milind soman and R madhavan in seahawks. *deep breath*

Air hostess : when I was quite sure that I am good for nothing. I thought, after all what is required to be an air hostess. Height, communication skills, ability to smile back even if somebody slaps you ?patience?! I have it all.
Me and patience !! ha ! joke of the day. How could I even think of being an air hostess ? But I did.

Sweeper : I was in std 4th and had visited my naani’s (grandmother) village during summer vacation. Just for fun I swept one small portion of that house. After looking at my work I had felt so content and smug. Just cannot describe that feeling now.

Waitress : I don’t have any particular reason for this one.

Painter : This one is something I had considered quite seriously . And by seriously I mean that I had thought about it for one whole day.

And lot more..

You see engineering was nowhere in the picture ! still not all is lost. If someday I decide to leave everything and pursue my “dreams” I would do it without much effort. After all I can be a sweeper, or a singing beggar whenever I want !

P.S : Being an Air hostess is a biiiiig deal. :)

4 comments:

  1. madam jyoti even doing management is missing in this list...!!! what abt the days u spent thinking abt doing mba...??

    wo ladki jisko aap bhool gayi...
    Garima Jalota

    ReplyDelete
  2. No darling hvnt forgotten u!! all these castles are d ones which i had once made ..long tym ago!till 10th std.. and mba isn't one of those stupid castles !! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting castles....you can still be a sweeper,waitress or a painter though..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, those were the days we used to think straight from our heart! I wanted to become Sunil Shetty ;-)

    ReplyDelete